It's typically thought that models have to be graceful and poised to walk the runway. Boy did I prove that thought wrong last week. I was our company's representative for a fundraising fashion show called Raw Fusion, in which businesses enter a model and make the outfit out of raw materials from their business. It's put on by the Minnesota River Builders Associaton, and proceeds went to Habitat for Humanity.
Pretty sure I got finagled into being our model only because of my height. Because we ALL know that I'm one of the clumsiest people on the planet. And let's keep in mind I committed to this about a month before I got pregnant. So as the event approached, all I could think was, "is it really ideal to have a clumsy, gangly, pregnant model?" Definitely not. But, it was a committment I made, and I stuck with it.
Being that I work at a car dealership, our outfit was made of license plates (skirt), tires (bolted to the shoes), electrical wires (top), AC/heating filters (top), leather seat cover (shrug), truck hood lights (on the shrug), Cadillac emblem (top), old school GM seat belt (belt), washers (earrings) and a chrome Rockstar grill accessory (headband). We even deployed an air bag on stage. Me and two co-workers put the outfit together, and it was a lot of fun. Even more fun was the event itself. Booming music, spotlights, sold out show and about 30 businesses with all extremely unique outfits. Though we didn't win, it was worth the time and work - such a cool event. And can we all take a moment and note that I didn't trip or fall...I repeat, I didn't trip or fall!
A work in progress
Erin...I mustache you a question
HEAVY shoes...I should get some talent points for walking with these puppies
Getting there...
Me, Erin, Missy and our mannequin Talan
The silhouette each person had to stand behind before walking
Hair and makeup
Photoshoot before the show
Waiting backstage
1 comment:
Such a HOT model!!!!!
Post a Comment