Friday, December 14, 2012

Alese 1 & 2 Months

Time to do a little blog catch up. My baby is already 2 months old tomorrow! These two month have gone by so fast...just three weeks left and I'll have to head back to work. Maternity leave is definitely flying by a lot faster this time around. Maybe it's because I've got an almost-two-year-old running around along with a newborn (well, not really newborn anymore, sheesh!), or maybe it's because of all the extra hustle and bustle of the holidays we've had in November and December. Whatever it is, I've been thoroughly enjoying my days snuggling up Alese, my evenings watching the sister interaction when Ashlynn gets home, and the weekends with family and friends.

Back to Alese and her first two months of life. We had her two-month checkup and shots today, and just as anticipated, she's another long, gangly girl like her big sis. Not quite as big or long as Ashlynn was at 2 months, but on her way. She's definitely getting some nice baby rolls on her, and her limbs are poking through some 3 month clothes. I have to say while people comment on the similarities in looks between her and Ashlynn, Alese definitely has her own distinct look, too. Everyone says both of the girls look like their Daddy, so I guess you could say I'm just a surrogate. Thanks, Jer.

And Miss Alese is quite the content baby. We get big smiles and awake time in the morning together, she chills throughout the day with toys and tummy time here and there, spends her evenings contently sitting in her bouncy seat watching Ashlynn run around and chatter, has her fussy time around 9-11pm, and then sleeps a good 4-ish hour stretch followed by a feeding and back for another 3 hour stretch. While I can't say I wouldn't love to have a consistent 5-6 hour stretch of sleep, the 4-5 we're getting isn't bad, especially considering she stays sleepy while she eats and goes right back down. Still keeping her in the bassinet in our bedroom until we put the finishing touches on her nursery before I go back to work. Hopefully by then she'll have a few longer sleep stretches for us, too.

Here's a little rundown of some of Alese's whereabouts, quirks and stats from her appointment:
- Nickname: Tiny, Squeakers, Sissy
- Frequently kicks her legs and swirls her arms while hanging out in her bouncy seat, laying on the floor or sitting on the Bobby (Ashlynn was a very squirmy/active baby like this, too)
- Gives smiles at the sound of our voices and when we make eye contact
- Is able to see more and more as she follows our faces and toys I annoyingly shake around her face to have her follow
- Has adorable baby coo's that melt Daddy's heart
- First trip to Grandma Nan and Grandpa Paul's in St. Cloud was at 2 weeks
- Was baptized November 24
- Spent her first long weekend away from us at 6 weeks while we were in Florida - got spoiled by both sets of Grandparents during this time and ate like a champ with the bottle (big WOO HOO! since Ashlynn refused a bottle until 3 months when I had to go back to work). Even slept a 5-6 hour stretch...go figure when we were gone.
- Height: 20.96 in. (75th percentile)
- Weight: 11.79 lbs. (76th percentile)
- Head: 40 cm (75th percentile)

Loving going through the baby stages again, and loving up our little Alese! And now some photos, in no particular order, from over the past 8 weeks...

Alese 1 month
Alese 2 months (taken a day early :)
Playing with Grandpa Paul
Grandma Nan and Grandpa Paul (Alese 5 weeks)
Cousin Daulton (Alese 1 week)
Cousin Gavin - so content "babysitting"! (Alese 5 weeks)
My good friend Erin aka Eagle
Just hanging out
Auntie Erin (Alese 2 weeks, Baby Wiegratz 20ish weeks? :)

Kind of blurry, but her expression is priceless. What did you say, Uncle John?!
Cuddles with Heather (Alese 1 week)
Grandma time (Alese 1 week)
8 weeks

No comments: