My baby girl is 11 months as of yesterday, and I can honestly say, more than with Ashlynn, that I'm in disbelief she's going to be a year old and out of the infant stage. Jeremy laughs at me because when I give her a bottle, I still try to cradle her in my arms while she squirms and looks around, limbs stretching way past the point of carrying her in that position. Leave me alone, I'm still trying to hold onto the bit of baby left in her.
So I've clearly been neglecting my blog, which bums me out since it's been such a great way to track our lives with kiddos. But no reason I can't get back into my groove and start up again (how many times have I said that before?!).
Seriously, mom. You've been slacking.
Onto my almost 1-year-old. Being that I haven't done a monthly post since 6 months, obviously a lot has changed! She started crawling/scooting shortly after that time period in the beginning of June, started pulling herself up on furniture and walking along it, and was officially walking at 9 1/2 months. It happened fast and felt early, but looking back at it Ashlynn was walking at 10 months, so I guess my girls are in a hurry to be the most mobile as possible. Which is fine, because I can't help but melt when I see Alese's chubby, very long legs marching around all over the place.
First time we put her in shoes (Labor Day weekend)
Gangly legs
Onto my favorite topic, getting our grub on. She loves food. All of it. We transitioned to basically all "real" foods about a month ago and she's in love. Like, shove-her-whole-hand-in-her-mouth kind of love so she doesn't miss a morsel. Steamed carrots, zucchini, chicken, ground beef, sweet potatoes, bananas, toast, pasta, you name it, she eats it (softened and cut in small pieces, of course).
Working on her bikini-bod
Another big milestone was her two bottom teeth coming in around 9 months (on July 9th, for baby book purposes). Felt like she was teething foreverrrrr because with the teeth came some sleepless nights and crankiness. But they're in and she's happy. Now the top two are just barely under the skin, so I imagine they'll be making they're debut soon to complete her jack-o-lantern look just in time for Halloween.
Why helloooo bottom 2 teeth!
I'll be getting her stats from the doc in about a month, but in the meantime I'll highlight a few of my favorite things about Alese (well, everything about her, but this is an overview):
- The Gremlin. You growl, she growls back. No exceptions, like clockwork. It's apparently a hit because at daycare everyone says, "Alese, do the Gremlin, grrrr" and she responds with an adorable baby growl. We now do this at home, too...naturally.
- The Tease. She'll have an object in her hand, stretch her arm out as far as possible to act like she wants to give it to you, and as soon as you reach for it she quickly moves it back and giggles. I think Ashlynn taught her that...she's a hoarder of toys.
- The Pretzel. This famous wrestler move appears during diaper changes. She grabs both feet and brings them up to her head so I have no way to strap her diaper on. Either I have to be really quick, or we play this game of me yanking one hand off of a foot at a time and quickly attempting to get a side on, which prompts insane giggling from her. Real funny, Alese. Real funny.
- The curls. And she has a lot of them. Her hair is wild and definitely filling in. She's going to have more hair than her big sista soon...talk about two completely different hair types!
Combed, after bath. Tamed version.
Flowing in the wind.
Good volume.
- Her ability to light up a room. Yes, all kiddos do that for their parents, among others. But each has their own way. Alese's huge smile (at just about anything), laid back attitude, extremely loud talking, toddler-esque giggles and spunky personality make my day. Not to mention how well she plays (aka takes whatever Ashlynn throws her way) with her big sister.
Not sure who's more of a threat.
Disregard my obnoxious voice. Whatever works to get your kids to laugh, right?
- Vocab. Though I don't think she's quite to the point of making a direct association, she says Dadadada a lot, and an occasional Mamamama. With a lot of jabbering and interesting squeals in between.
- Her names. Alese to most, Alesey Poo, Boogs, Tiny and Balese to us.
Wait, mom. Something's not right here.
Pool day with Grandma Nan
Pool day with Uncle John
Mommy's shades and Ashlynn's hand-me-down onesie (a family fave from Autie Erin)
That's enough for now...soon enough I'll be posting about my 1-year-old. Sigh. Love you to the moon and back, Miss Alese!
4 comments:
Heather A.
said...
She is so sweet and precious!!! I am obsessed with her curls!!! You have some cute kiddos, Anne!!!! Where does the time go!? Love this post and the pictures- so great!
4 comments:
She is so sweet and precious!!! I am obsessed with her curls!!! You have some cute kiddos, Anne!!!! Where does the time go!? Love this post and the pictures- so great!
Your kids are beautiful Anne. Just beautiful.
Happy 11 Months Alese!!
She is such a beauty, Anne! Run DMC may be outdated, but he will live on forever in the Wolff household! Love you all.
She's getting so big. LOVE the giggles video. Miss you all so much.
Post a Comment