Halloween seems oh so long ago, but didn't want to forget that we had a little ducky on our hands...
The Thursday before Halloween, Janesville businesses along Main Street had trick-or-treating for the kids. So my sister-in-law Tenia, nephew Jaxon, Ashlynn and I went up there after daycare. Little Tigger and the Duck had a lot of fun looking at all the other kids and collecting candy. Yes, I said candy. For my 10-month-old. I've discovered this is the best holiday ever when you have an infant who can't eat candy. Mom's stash of sweets grows.
Saturday, I did the St. Peter Halloween 5K run with a couple of coworkers. There was a last-minute decision to be runaway brides with Erin, and Ashlynn got to be a duck yet again. Quite the difference in costumes from when I was a runaway bride my senior year of college (much more clothed ha). My mom was in town and watched the race with Ashlynn at the finish line. A ton of fun costumes along this route! Minus a few wardrobe malfunctions (fyi, practice running in your costume before just safety pinning the skirt together and expecting it to stay), it was a fun race.
Then on Sunday, we went over to G&G Wolff's house for early trick-or-treating since they'd be gone on Halloween. This consisted of crawling behind the couch, back and forth, over and over and over again. Cheap thrills for Ashlynn.
With Grandma Wolff
And finally, on actual Halloween day, Ashlynn got her 4th and final wear out of her duck costume at daycare. That evening we went to Jer's aunt and uncle's, and then went to my cousin's house to hang out for the rest of the night. A fun first Halloween!
Ashlynn adding to her costume with a hat from my cousin
Giggles with Mary!
No comments:
Post a Comment