Horrible Mom alert! I didn't post on Ashlynn's 10th month and am late on her 11th. Sheesh.
I'd be lying if I said not much has changed between the two months, yet I'm going to make this one post catching up on our little munchkin.
Ashlynn is a walking machine. And those little legs go so fast that sometimes I think she's either going to attempt a high step run or fall over. She took her first official steps the last weekend in October. Kept doing a few here and there, and then bam! She became a full-time walker the second week in November. And now, she's only gotten faster. For fun, she likes to walk in circles around the living room. Talk about exercise!
She's eating more and more "big people" food. Lasagna, chicken, turkey, mandarin oranges, peas, beans, Subway, whatever we eat, she wants in. Jeremy calls her a vulture. Exhibit A. Ashlynn finishes her dinner in her high chair. Finally signals that she's all done, and we take her out. A few minutes later Jeremy and I sit down for dinner or happen to have a snack, and she beelines it from across the room to our laps. Like white on rice. Smacking her lips. Reaching for food. I don't blame her...I find myself doing this, too. Smacking lips and all. It's attractive, I'm sure.
Uncle John's a sucker for cute little beggers
And onto sleep. She's being ever-so-awesome and sleeping like a rock through the night for us. Usually 8/9 p.m. to 6:30/7 a.m. She even pulled a couple 12 and 14 hour nighters the other week. Pretty sure I checked on her a handful of times to make sure she was still okay. New mom syndrome still in effect, I guess.
Ashlynn's also been picking up a lot more skillz in the play department. She loves books and flipping pages. Has a fetish with the wooden blocks and stacking them. I must have applauded her A LOT when she was first learning this, because now she'll be playing and as soon as she stacks one on top of another (and it actually stays), she starts clapping for herself and looking around for approval with a huge grin. For entertainment, she also thoroughly enjoys walking in circles, opening and closing doors, holding a cell phone (and putting it up to her ear on occasion), playing peek-a-boo and ripping paper. What is it with kids and wrappers/paper?
At Thanksgiving with my cousin's daughter Carmen...she loves getting in with the big kids
And onto our monthly pictures by the boppy pillow, which are becoming much more difficult due to Miss Mobile.
10 months
11 months
3 comments:
I miss the little stinker so much! She looks like a big girl now!!
She is such a big girl!!! - Love the pics :) I can't believe she is almost one. CRAZY. Love ya
Exciting she is walking!!
She is adorable Anne...I love her outfit in that last picture! :)
Post a Comment