A couple weeks ago, I tagged along with Jeremy for his AGCO Training out in Atlanta for work (still a little behind on blogging!). We left on a Sunday and got back Thursday evening, so almost 5 days away from Ashlynn. It was nice to have some alone time, but man did we miss that little girl. She stayed with G&G Wolff and kept her normal daycare routine, so she probably didn't even notice a thing. Just more toys and some spoiling, I'm sure.
Onto the little getaway...Jeremy spent each day at an AGCO training facility a few miles from the hotel from about 7:30am - 5pm, so most days my agenda looked like this: sleep in, watch the Today Show while having coffee, workout in the hotel fitness center, sit in the hot tub, shop around town and research places for dinner when Jeremy was done. It was extremely relaxing and much enjoyed. One night we had sushi, the next a BBQ place and then a local old school pizza joint. One afternoon, Jeremy left early since the sessions weren't applicable to their implement, so we got to spend some time at the Georgia Aquarium. Such a cool place! I'd highly recommend going if you're visiting Atlanta...it's the world's largest aquarium with over 8 million gallons of water and an insane variety of underwater creatures. Ashlynn would love this place (or any kid for that matter)!
Overall, it was a nice little impromtu vacation. Nothing too crazy or tropical, but the 50s beat the below freezing temps that were in MN that week!
And here's a small sampling of all the fish/sharks/penguins/things I didn't know what they were but looked cool/etc. from the aquarium...
I may or may not have squealed right before I touched the sting ray the first time.
1 comment:
Oh sounds like a great little getaway for the two of you!
Merry Christmas Wolff Family!
Post a Comment