Monday, January 23, 2012

Project 52 - Week 1

After getting my Canon DSLR, I've been attempting to learn more about the technical side of taking pictures and shooting in manual mode versus the auto and presets. Thanks to my good friend Christy and some classes she scored for us at National Camera Exchange, we've been learning more about our cameras and now it's time to put it into practice.

Christy's friend Marta (crazy how the world of blogging can bring people together) created a photography challenge on her blog a couple weeks ago called Project 52 - a photo journal for one full year. The challenge is to take one photo a week for 52 weeks with the subject matter given by a random word generator Marta posts on her blog "Something Good" each week. I was going to simply sit back and enjoy watching my friend Christy participate on her blog, until she nudged me to do it, too. I desperately need the practice, and what better way to get out shooting different objects and different places.

Well, I'm a week behind so am playing a little catch up. Here's my photo for the Week 1 word "necessity."

Running shoes. Specifically my Brooks Adrenaline kicks. Maybe it's because I have marathon on the brain (because there are certainly a LOT of necessities out there), but this picture represents a pretty significant part of the next five months of my life. And beyond that, since I continually enjoying running. It allows me to de-stress, collect my thoughts and challenge myself. All with a pair of shoes (no, you won't find me doing the whole barefoot running thing). And since getting off the Asics train and getting on board with Brooks, this brand of shoe has never failed me for race training and logging miles. Though they need to step it up in the style department since I find myself still getting cute or colorful Nikes for everyday wear.

Post coming soon on the Week 2 word, then I'm caught up. Now to stay on top of it for a year (and hopefully get better pictures in the process)!

No comments: