It's been a while since I've posted an update on our little lovebug...and a lot has changed since she turned 1! A few updates:
- Running, walking, moving all.the.time. She doesn't sit for more than 15 seconds. Which makes for an exhausted momma, but it's surprisingly fun chasing her around. Except in stores. And in the doctor's office. And at church.
- Vocab continues to expand. Her favorites include Mama, Mom, Dada, puppy, no (she says this one a lot...sassy pants), yes, ball, up, snack and uh-oh.
- Understands more and more of what we're saying. "Get your shoes, socks, etc." and she finds what we say. "Put (desired object) away" and she's preeetty good about it if she's okay with letting go of it at the time. Also blows on her plate of food if we tell her it's hot, which I think she finds more funny than productive.
- Gives kisses before leaving or going to bed (often open mouth, we'll have to work on that), blows kisses, hugs and waves good-bye.
- She's a dancing machine. Ashlynn's motto: turn on the tunes and I'll turn on the dance moves. She bobs, sways, gets the arms going, shakes her head. Now I just need to teach her to pop lock and drop it.
- Food. What else is there to say. Nothing she won't eat, but definitely has her faves: bananas, berries, peas, green beans, waffles, yogurt, chicken and avacados. Well, and of course the occasional ice cream.
- Is infatuated with random things: watching the washer and dryer, brushing teeth (or watching us brush and giggling), Kenna (our black lab) or any "puppppaaaa", walking (doesn't even touch her outside toys, just walks the yard), swinging, playing on the jungle gym at the park, and reading books.
- Still tall...had her 15 mo. check up last week, and she's in the 91st percentile for height, 68th percentile for weight and 90th percentile for head circumference.
- Four teeth on top and four on bottom...I don't think I see any others yet, but haven't checked too close lately.
- Sleeps like a gem and has for quite a few months now, which has been more than wonderful. On average, usually goes down around 8/8:30pm, up around 7am.
Excited to see all the activities summer brings! And now a few photos...(excuse the mix of cell phone pics in here, but I swear some of the funny ones are best caputured before I can get the camera out...anyone with me on this?!)
Working on her bags skills
Teeth! And a wee gap...ok a pretty decent size gap :)
Banana love
Eating and swinging = in heaven
Golfing with Dad
At the park
Sassy in the tub
I should preface the next two pics with the fact that she likes to use utensils herself now, so I let her. And I let her have the whole container of Chobani. Slightly disastrous, but fun!
Good til it's gone
Quality time with the mirror (turn it up for a few of her giggles and music to go along with the occasional dancing)
Nothing but lots of love for Miss Ashlynn Elizabeth!
2 comments:
Love this post Anne...she is adorable and getting so big! The video is priceless!
Hope you're feeling well!
Such a good post!!! Miss the little stinker. And you too Ski Ski. Only a few more weeks :) Love
Post a Comment