Last weekend my friend Christi and I made the 6-hour trek to NE Wisconsin to visit our friend Steph who was having a baby shower Saturday. Steph, Christi, Darcy (who wasn't able to come and who we missed!) and I were roommates in college. They all played basketball at UWRF, and I was, well, the number one fan, ha.
The weekend was full of much-needed catching up, laughs and talk about pregnancy. This is Steph's first babe, Christi has two kiddos and I'm in the works with #2, so there were plenty of stories about uteruses, breast pumps and diaper bags. That's not aaaall we did...Steph and her hubby Joe fixed us gourmet meals, we had the baby shower and hiked some beautiful waterfalls Saturday evening. Us four roomies have spread out in terms of where we landed after college - Steph in NE WI, Christi in Western WI, Darcy in the Cities and me in Southern MN - but what I love is that we can go for months without getting a chance to see each other (especially all together at once), and when we do it's like we pick up right away where we last left off. I'm sure many people experience this with different groups of friends, especially as we get older, have kids, move up in jobs, etc., but it's definitely something to be grateful for. Lifelong friends.
And can I just say that Steph had the biggest baby shower I've ever attended and probably will ever attend? We estimated around 70 people there. Granted this was her only shower, so there was her family, some of Joe's, a few coworkers and friends, but still. Talk about a full house (or church hall)! And most of it was her family and fellow Peshtigo residents, which is where she grew up and now lives. Pretty cool that everyone she grew up with is now raising their families there, too. I think there were about a dozen pregnant women at the shower, many of which were cousins and a sister-in-law!
A huge thanks to Steph and Joe for being such amazing hosts as usual, and to the girls for a fun weekend! And I can't wait for Baby Nault's arrival in May :)
Lots of great gifts...this babe is set!
Playing a game
The end result for all of Steph's incorrect answers in the game (a shout out and thanks to my friends for NOT playing this game at my shower ha!)
Gift opening
Steph with her sisters and mom
Steph and Joe - proud parents-to-be!
Steph and her godson Jayden
Giving some love to Steph and Baby Nault (fyi, Steph has only taken one belly pic and really isn't into the whole "tummy touching" thing...so we just had to do some pics like this ha)
Saturday evening we hit up the waterfalls, which was perfect - had our dinner at one of the parks, hiked, talked and watched the sun set at the last waterfall.
The spot where Steph and Joe got engaged
Love these two!
1 comment:
Looks like an awesome weekend, Ski! You're right..lifelong friends are the bom-diggity. You can't always live together in homes with floors that slope, but it's so fun to get together after the fact ;)
Post a Comment