We headed up to my parents' in Sauk Rapids from Thursday the 27th through New Years Day. We spent a good few days up there soaking in the time since my whole immediate family was there, as Jeff and Bobbi and the kids made the 10+ hour drive up from St. Louis. With her family in Wausau, WI, they're going to start rotating every other year with each side of the family for Christmas since it's such a long drive to try to do both sides in their time off. Can I just get a shout out to them for driving 10 hours straight (with just 1 pit stop) with 3 kiddos under the age of 7?! I'm pretty sure my girls wouldn't last...heck, I'm not sure Jeremy and I would even last.
We filled our days sledding and playing in the fresh snow fall, going to an indoor pool in town, doing a family photo shoot with my good friend Christy Bode Photography, shopping, going to a movie, renting movies, spending a night out on the town for us older "kids" while the grandparents watched the little ones, and watching the Vikes/Packers (first showdown). The days went fast, but they were filled with lots of catching up, laughs, fun playtime for the kids, good food and an occassional nap or two. I still consider this "home" along with my home in Janesville...making the statement "home is wherever I'm with you" oh so true. Love being with both mine and Jeremy's families and feeling at home with all of them. We're truly blessed!
Bobbi, John, Jeff
Jeff and his Mini Me
Grandma Nan and Ems
Two peas in a pod all week long..just 3 months apart in age. These two will be trouble together when they get older!
Alese and her godfather Uncle John
Pool time!
Ashlynn had the time of her life...we couldn't get her to leave the water
The Dads and Uncle ruled the pool with the kids...let's just say I forgot my suit and in a pinch wore my mom's tankini.
No pictures, it wasn't pretty.
Packers/Vikes game
Bella doing her best to represent with a WI mom and MN dad
Alese slept through the game...and the noise
Joshua opening his birthday present
And yes, his shirt says "How may I annoy you today?"
And just a few giggles that were frequently heard throughout the week...
3 comments:
Looks like you guys had great Christmas's Anne!
Your girls are beyond adorable.
I love Joshuas T-shirt!
Thanks for posting, sis. Memories of good times. Although you totally omitted the tankini. And your flesh wound from the pool.
Post a Comment