Saturday, February 9, 2013

Alese 3 Months

Alese is technically now almost 4 months (on the 15th) and I've had this post in draft for too long, which is probably somewhat resembling the scatteredness of my life right now between a busy work schedule, time at home with the girls, half marathon training and whatever else it is that we do while I operate on an average 5 hours of sleep a night. So the info and pics are from when I jotted notes from 3 months, just my timing of posting is off...go figure. Squeezing this post in for memory's sake before I'll soon post a 4 month update. So here it goes for 3 months...

I can officially say she doesn't fit in the "newborn", "little baby", "so tiny" category anymore. Man, does this go fast! Our "little" one is continuing to beef up and fill out, as I find more adorable baby rolls and creases on her legs, arms and wrists. And her cheeks get more chubby and kissable everyday. Here's what she's been up to...

- Started daycare with her big sis on Monday, Jan. 7. Has been doing awesome, and is loving all the attention from the other kids, I'm sure.
- Sleeps pretty good stretches. Finally started going to bed before 11pm...phew. She usually goes down around 9/9:30, up at 2-ish to eat, up at 6-ish to eat and then up by 7am for daycare. We really aren't on much of a regular sleep schedule yet because there are definitely those nights where she goes down later than we'd like or only does a 2 or 3 hour stretch. But, overall this department is getting better, which was necessary with me going back to work. (note: Now that I'm editing and finally posting this draft, I need to make it clear that there.is.no.schedule - let's just say I'm running on E in the sleep department these past couple weeks. Biggest kicker is that she's had some tummy issues this past week, causing a lot of grunting, kicking, fidgeting, etc., and not allowing for must content baby time. Introduction of some juice and now a suppository - hated doing that - should hopefully clear this all up.)
- Eats about 5 ounces every 3 or so hours. Has some cluster feedings in there, too. Once again, no real schedule. I guess this girl kind of does what she wants :) I'm pumping at work, and am producing more than she's eating, so we're on a good track of stocking up. We introduced a little itty bit of rice cereal 2 weeks ago because she was burning through milk a couple days in a row (we're talking a couple of 10 oz. feedings, crazy, I know). Well we only did it 2 days and stopped because of her lack of pooping. And now she's been off schedule in the poop department ever since. Trust me, Jer and I are kicking ourselves. She seemed to like the cereal - not liking the lack of pooping.
- Smiles! And giggles! Those first baby giggles are like gold. Melts my heart and is just adorable.
- Loves watching/listening to her sister. While I will hands down say two kids is the game changer versus one in terms of craziness, little sleep, little time for anything, really, I will say that it's straight up entertainment watching the two girls together. And babies love having a little busy 2-year-old to keep them content. Total advantage.
- Enjoys tummy time (neck is getting really strong), sitting in her bumbo (with quite of bit of assistance yet) and laying under her playmat.
- Coos, babbles and makes adorable baby noises. She loves to be heard.
- We're getting closer and closer to rolling over! She goes on both sides and is so close to making the flip, just needs to get over her arm. Um, and I'm not sure I'm ready for a mobile baby yet.
- Overall, this past month has produced a much more vocal, alert and strong little girl.

And now the monthly elephant pic along with some iphone pics...I'm terrible about taking out my camera as of late, yikes!

3 Months








2 comments:

Erin Wiegratz said...

Looking more like her big sister by the day! Missing you and those little girlies of yours. These crazy years with little kids will go by so fast! Before we know it, we'll be empty nesters ;). Love you.

Rachel said...

I miss her already. She is such a happy little girl - wish she would be a better sleeper. I would take naps all the time if it was appropriate for adults ;) xoxo to you all