I know if I don't write these down either on our blog or in Ashlynn's baby book, I'll kick myself later on. So here they are, a few fun/funny/off-the-wall things Ashlynn's been spouting out as of late.
"Wow, those stars are beauuuutiful!"
"Just wait 2 minutes" or "I be right back"
"Oh man!"
"Oh baby!"
"Oh nuts!"
"Ashlynn wants to go outside" or "Ashlynn wants milk" or "Ashlynn not gonna go to sleep" (yes, we're big on talking in third person right now)
"Aleeeeese, Alese Alese Aleeeeeese. Aleeeeesseeeee poooooooo" (she loves her sister so much she made up this song that she'll sing at least a couple times a day)
"Look at my hot pants!" (in reference to a couple pair of bright/funky leggings she has...I may or may not have started that)
"Baby I'm a 10!" (yep, guilty again)
"Bibs toots" (sorry, Bibs)
"God bless Mommy, Daddy, Alese Grandma Nan, Grandpa Paul, Grandma, Papa, Uncle John, Uncle Jeff, etc.", naming everyone she knows...sometimes we even get into blessing the door, washing machine and pillows.
"I want a treat, I say" or "Let's go outside, I say" (we're BIG into Dr. Seuss right now. She's obsessed. As a result, a lot of phrases get "I say" thrown on the end.)
"Do not do that!" (she's much more demanding these days)
"I'm a big girl. Alese is a baby."
"One more time. That's it...okaaaay?" (it's so adult-like when she says it, that I can't help but let her do whatever it is just one.more.time.)
She drops the "s" when it's at the beginning of some words...i.e. "plash park", "picy", "melly"
And here are some of her favorites at age 2 1/2
- Flashcards
- Her kitchen and pretend cooking/eating
- Glee 3D the movie that I DVR'd- weird, I know, but she loves the music. And the Warblers happen to be her favorite...an all guy acapella group, imagine that.
- Parks, slides, swings, climbing up ladders, adventure galore
- Rides in the Prowler (our side-by-side/UTV)
- Kissing/touching/pulling/bossing/helping her sister
- Playing with her cousins
- Books - Dr. Seuss, Love You Forever, the If You Give a Mouse a Cookie series, Mickey Mouse I Spy, Popcorn (oooold school book from my childhood, on the history of popcorn. Riveting stuff.)
- Songs - "Silly Love Songs" (courtesy of Glee), anything Bruno Mars on the radio, "Blurred Lines" (hey hey hey!), "You are My Sunshine", "Jesus Loves Me" (second verse even!), "I Am Jesus Little Lamb", "C is for Cookie"
- Swimming
- The zoo...she loved our trip to the MN Zoo and loved all the animals, except the dinosaur exhibit. "Mommy, I do not like the dinosaurs." It's okay...they're extinct.
Love this little/big girl to pieces...she keeps us on our toes!
| "Feeding" her sister. Alese is such a good sport :) |
| Helping Daddy till the garden |
| Golf practice in the yard |
| Getting ready to watch/ride in the Janesville parade |
| Who knows |
| Ready for the pool |
| Pool day in July
Dance moves...from music on a birthday card
Quick narrative of Love You Forever
|
2 comments:
Love! She still dances like her mama ;)
She's got good taste in music - Blaine was one of the best things to happen to Glee. Love :)
Post a Comment