We became really close friends in high school, especially when be both started working at the local DQ every summer. We hung out so much the last couple of years of high school and quickly realized how much alike we were...both about 5'9"/5'10" with freakishly long legs so we could share ALL clothes (tall girls of the world, you know this is a rarity), gangly, both good students (if I must say so myself, ha), both active (she was a swimmer, I ran track) and both valued each other's friendship immensely. During Spirit Week our senior year, on Twin Day we both dressed in Hawaiin gear. We were coined twins ever since.
Allison went to college at UMD while I went to UW-RF, and we both made frequent trips to visit each other. After college, we both lived/worked in the cities, which was all too perfect. And in May of 2009, she stood right by my side as I got married. Allison now lives in Illinois, so the 5 hours between us is the most it's ever been. Though we're just as close as our high school days.
All of this rambling about Allison brings me to this past weekend. She emailed me last week to see what I was up to for the weekend, and after my quick response of not much...?, she said she was going to come visit! Best surprise ever. So Friday through Sunday we got some quality twin time in. Loved having Allison at my place for a few days and being able to catch up in person. I'm thankful for this girl and the solid relationship we have.
And now, a little montage to my twin. And be thankful my highschool pictures are still back at my parents' place in albums, so I couldn't scan in any oldie but goodies.
RF Days in 2005

With our high school friend Sam after he ran the TC marathon
Always an honorary RF-er with the rest of my college friends
Does runs with me (though in high school when I'd make her come with, she always had a few choice words for me when I'd make her push it at the end. To her defense, if she'd try to get me to swim, I'd sink after the first lap.)
Bach Party

Wedding Day limo ride
2 comments:
A good shout out to Al! Hope the weekend was great.
Sweet Anne!
Post a Comment