Monday, October 11, 2010

Harvest Y'all

The beans are out and we're on to corn, people. According to my hubby, I shouldn't try to talk about farming. Guess I don't have all the lingo down, but I'm still learning...baby steps.

This past weekend the guys got a good start on combining corn - the weather's been perfect, the corn is dry and they've been busy! To be able to see Jeremy for more than the 8 hours we sleep together at night, I try to ride with him when I can. Yesterday evening I spent a few hours in the semi and tractor while we were running loads to the grain bins. Though fall is a busy time, I love harvest. It was absolutely beautiful out and I love to see how the whole process goes every year. Not to mention, Jer and I get some QT together in the tractor...seriously. I haven't taken any pictures yet (wish I would've last night - it was perfect out), but I will next time I go with. I always seem to see really interesting photo opps when I'm out there.

And on another note about yesterday...my great friend Erin got engaged! Dave proposed on their way back from a weekend in Lutsen, and I was so pumped when she called with the news. I had a perma-smile on from the time of her phone call until I could rush to tell the news to Jeremy and until I thought about it again in the evening. So incredibly happy for these two - both great friends and I couldn't think of better people for each other for so many reasons. Congrats guys!

And because every post deserves a picture...the happy couple...

3 comments:

Erin Wiegratz said...

Ha ha ha...that's a classic picture. Thanks Ski!

On a side note, you can talk farm lingo all weekend and the rest of us will have no idea that you're clueless. Looking foward to seeing you!

Rachel said...

That is an AMAZING picture. It'll probably have to be in the slide show. E - just ask Anne, but I'm a pro at it now :) Can't wait to see you both!!!

Mel said...

YAY Congrats again Erin and Dave!! We're so happy for you!