I told Jeremy I'd go by myself so he didn't need to leave work. Needed to get used to the transporting on my own. That was the plan, but then my parents came down to visit Sunday/Monday since my mom had off work for MLK Day. So they were my ride alongs to town and were a ton of help so we could make some other stops while in Mankato. We took her for a visit to great grandma Carmen's house, ran a couple errands, visited my work and stopped by daddy's work on the way home, too. Big day for all of us. Funny how that's what constitutes an eventful day these days, but it was successful and a fun time seeing everyone. Made me feel more connected and energized getting out of the house, too.
Ashlynn all set to go to town

Back to Ashlynn's appt...we're seeing a family practitioner, Dr. Campbell at ISJ. Heard from a few people that he's good, and he's also at the clinic close to my work and the end of town we live on. All pros, so I went with it. And I'm glad I did...he's really a great doc. Speaking of great, our little girl is doing awesome in her first couple weeks of life.
- 22 in: 94th percentile for height
- 9 lbs 8 oz: 83rd percentile for weight
- 37 cm head: 74th percentile on head size
They mostly just want newborns to maintain they're birth weight by 2 weeks...we've definitely done that and then some. A big eater, just like mom and dad. Thata girl. Her reflexes are all good, her neck strength is great and she's eating/sleeping like a champ. And she did great during the appt, too. Didn't really fuss at all, even when she was naked and getting measured. She managed to have a monster poop during the appt (I think the room next door could hear it), so we had a little clean up to do and then she was set. We're so proud of little miss Ashlynn!
4 comments:
funny how early you can blog when you have a newborn! :)
She is so cute Anne. Glad the first outing went a-ok!
So glad she is a good eater :) What if she hates spicy food? haha I miss you all. Hope all is well!!!
She looks different already! I love her little hat...Etsy? I miss you and the little one. Looks like things are going great so far! Not surprised about the eating :). Love ya
Glad things are going well for you guys...I love the last picture of her with her eyes open. Very cute!
PS I LOVE her hat!
Post a Comment