Friday, June 3, 2011

5 Months and a Milestone

Ashlynn is 5 months old today, and is officially rolling over! This past Monday, which just happened to be mine and Jeremy's 2 year wedding anniversary, we caught her getting pretty close to going from tummy to back. She'd been doing this on both sides for a while, but just not getting all the way over. Sure enough, we caught her in the act and she got it. The happy look on her face was priceless. The perfect anniversary gift, right?

And now, she's a rollover show off. I guess this means no more laying her on the bed while I go to the next room. I have a feeling the more freedom she gets with rolling, crawling, etc., the less freedom Jeremy and I will have. So fun to watch her do new things!

I think it's safe to say she's outgrown her beloved playmat. Now she just rolls over onto the arch, knocking it over. And yes, that's my child with the gangly legs that don't fit in a lot of outfits.


In other news:
- I think she's teething. Or at least seriously working on it. She developed a new whine that is slightly unbearable, slightly funny. Along with her excessive drooling, hand in the mouth and look of relief when I give her a cool gel toy, I think she's working on something at least.
- She's visibly gone throw a lengthening growth spurt. 6 month clothes were fitting perfect a couple weeks ago. Now the ones with feet/leggings are too short. I swear it happened overnight.
- Likes to blow bubbles...looks like a monkey doing it.
- Still sleeping about 7 hours a night.
- Getting rid of her cradle cap finally. Potentially getting more hair? Or maybe that was in my dream.
- Eating rice cereal once before bed and now sometimes at noon at daycare, too. She loves the spoon.
- Loves being outdoors. Just wish the insane winds would stay away so we could be out more, but we're enjoying stroller time or even tinkering around in the garage with Jeremy.

Haven't taken the regular monthly picture, so this sleeping one will have to do. Onto another month!

No comments: