I'm realizing first-hand that what they say is true - you start showing sooner with your second (third, etc.) baby than you did with your first. I even remember the weekend before I took a pregnancy test, I was thinking to myself that my body felt "off." I had a gut that suddenly appeared, and I hadn't even been on a beer bender. Probably easy for the belly to remember what it's capable of doing(stretching out to the size of a watermelon), so it makes sense I guess.
It's mostly difficult adjusting to a quickly slimming closet. I'm getting bigger during a different season this time, so I'll have to do some summer shopping. Anyone else cringe at spending money on maternity clothes? Don't get me wrong, there are a lot of cute things and it's amazing how much better you feel in them as you grow, but knowing that you only wear them a few short months is rough when I'd rather spend on post-baby clothes. I've done more of the purchasing of "regular" clothes, but just in bigger sizes or in fits that flatter a growing belly. Regardless, I can only stuff myself into some of my clothes for a little longer without feeling like lumpy sausage (if I could take a pic of the button/zipper region of the capris I wore to work today, you'd all send me to Motherhood Maternity in a heartbeat). It's probably time to invest in more dresses and maternity capris/shorts for summer...my body hurts at the thought of trying to fit in my shorts from last summer.
Now that I sound like a total girl with clothes issues, I'm going to complete this post with a few self shots of my belly. Lovely. Haven't been real regular or methodical like I was last go-round about the weekly shot (crappy lighting, random backgrounds, eh), but starting to pay more attention. I'm realizing it's fun to look back at my belly book from when I was prego with Ashlynn and check out how I was feeling/growing/changing/etc. Around this time last time, I started feeling kicks. Haven't felt one yet, but know it's around the corner!
15 Weeks
16 Weeks
18 Weeks (oops on 17...and can we say holy junk in the trunk?! It's the lighting, I swear ha)
3 comments:
LOL, that was the first thing I noticed before I even read your comment! TOO FUNNY!!!! Gotta love that ghetto butt ski :)
You're stunning as always...and I'm sure Baby W2 will be as well :)
You are on beautiful mama Anne:) You look great!
Post a Comment