Tuesday, April 23, 2013

Earth Day Race

This past weekend I ran in the Earth Day races in St. Cloud with some great girlfriends. If you remember, I happily posted back in Januray after I signed up for the half marathon. Well friends, I had great intentions of running 13.1 miles, but I opted to merge my race entry with Bibs and we ran the half marathon relay instead. Trust me, 6.5 miles was a saving grace versus putting my body through 13 miles with no training. And those 6 miles were hard enough as it was, mostly on my legs that felt like dead weight after 4 miles. Let's just say I desperately need to get my legs back in running shape with some muscle and toning!

It was such a fun weekend with friends and always energizing/inspiring being in a race environment. I was disappointed I wasn't trained and ready to run the half, but I now realize the timeframe was a little too ambitious for me with the girls and our schedules as of late (or lack thereof). I do plan to run a half yet this year, but definitely when I'm able to dedicate time to stay on top of my normal training schedule so I don't cringe everytime I stand up or do stairs the next day. Pathetic.

Huge shoutout to my dear friend Rachel on doing her first 5K Friday evening (Rach, I don't have a pic of your finish!). So proud of her. And Christy was a rockstar, doing the 5K Friday and running alongside Bibs on Saturday...just for fun, might I add. Lindsey, one of my former Scotland study abroad roomies, PR'd with an awesome 1:54! And of course there's my partner in crime, Bibby, who did the relay with me. I think we both are pretty happy we opted for the relay :)

On your mark, get set...

...go!

Bibs, Christy, Lindsey and me pre-run...a chilly 25 degrees

Relay Team - "Bibski" (photobomb courtesy of Christy)

Scotland roomies!

No comments: