The biggest change? Her movement. She's been rolling over both ways since the end of February and has now mastered doing a 360 on both her tummy and back. She kind of scoots when she's on her tummy, since we find her grunting and inching her way towards nearby toys, books, anything with color. And as of last week, she's officially sitting up on her own! Definitely needs someone near her because she still tips after a while, but definitely can go a while on her own. Looking back at Ashlynn's 6 month update, they're pretty similar in this department of moving/sitting/etc.
Now you see me..................................Now you don't.
|
While she's becoming less and less of a "baby" and I get a little sad when I realize how quickly she's growing through stages, I'm also loving every stage of growth because it's brought more interaction between Alese and Ashlynn. Ashlynn is really getting more into helping out with feeding, holding, washing her hair, getting diapers, etc. She wants to know where Alese is at all times, and gets in her face saying "hiiiii sissy" in her best baby voice. And she's always trying to get Alese to smile, hold her hand, bump her head and watch her do something cool. Ashlynn loves her sister, and there's nothing more genuine and pure as the look on her face when she shows that love. And Alese reciprocates that love with big smiles, constant kicking, grabbing at Ashlynn when she's nearby and sacrificing herself as a guinea pig for some of Ashlynn's affectionate stunts. We love the sisterly antics...I guess they're still "innocent" at this point :)| Helping put Alese's nuk in her mouth |
| Dual bath time fun. Ashlynn loves putting bubbles on everyone's heads, including mommy and daddy's. |
| Alese going in for some bananas. She's a stealthy one, that baby. |
| Ashlynn sharing her favorite books with Alese during some bedtime reading. |
| Not sure about the first taste of this green stuff |
| Hey not so bad! |
I think babycakes may be teething. She got her first ear infection a few weeks ago, it cleared and she's still showing some of the crankiness she had. That coupled with lots of drooling, hand in the mouth, random wimpering, love for her banana teething tooth brush, now a runny nose for the past couple days and the last three nights of very broken sleep, and I think we have a tooth ready to pop. But what do I know.
And we just had her 6 month check up last Thursday and here's where our girl's sitting...
Height: 26 3/4 inches (77th percentile)
Weight: 16 lbs. 9 oz. (54th percentile)
Head: 44 cm (83rd percentile)
This is the escapade that is now Alese's monthly picture with the elephant...
We love you, Alese Harper!
3 comments:
Anne! She has changed so much and is so precious. I just love her little smile!!
You have very cute kiddos!!
I was going to just say the same thing, She has changed sooo much!! What a cutie.
Love them both! Happy 6 months sweet Alese :)
Post a Comment