We went to Vegas with Jer's family to celebrate a few March birthdays in the fam. It just happened to work best to go around Easter for 4 days, and man, it was a great time. Jer and I had never been, so it was fun just to take it all in. And we couldn't have asked for better weather...80 and sunny every day. It was the perfect getaway. Wonderful time spent with siblings, parents, cousins, grandpa, etc., and while we were all missing our kiddos, it was nice to have some adult time.
We stayed at the Mirage, which was a great hotel and casino in the middle of the strip. The guys got in on the March Madness betting action, and they of course had the biggest TVs and the most comfortable couches for watching games. I mean seriously, there was a guy on one of the couches who clearly hadn't gone to bed yet from the night before (always a fun sight to see at 8am when I was heading down to Starbucks) and the casino worker had to wake him up and tell him to move. I assume this is common occurrence in Vegas.
There were a few March birthdays to celebrate - Jeremy's Aunt Diane, his Uncle Ritchie (who turned 50!) and his cousin Heather. What more reason do you need to go to Vegas? Here's Heather on her birthday before we headed out to the strip for the day.
I was amazed at how much production goes on in this city. This volcano/fire show happened in front of the Mirage's front lobby every night on the hour. Then there's obviously the Bellagio's water show, which is pretty impressive and went on every 15 minutes at night. Our whole group of 15 people went to a comedian one of the nights, and then us ladies went to the Jersey Boys show another night. So many options in Vegas, but those are the two shows we landed on, and we loved them both!
And shopping. There were plenty of trips to the Forum Shops and whatever else we could find in our many miles of walking those four days. The girls passed on gambling and opted for shopping. Can you blame us?
While we covered a lot of miles walking in Vegas, I didn't even realize it because there's so much to see. And really, it's people watching at its finest. For example, these three goofs.
Being that we had great weather all 4 days, we took advantage of the Mirage's pool one of the days. It was huge, full of palm trees, had plenty of comfy places to lay out and was the perfect place to relax and get a little color. I think I could've spent every day there and been content.
Did I mention we missed the girls? They probably didn't even notice we were gone since they were taking over Grandma and Grandpa Cloeter's house and having a ball. Here's what our little bunny was up to...
Until next time, Vegas!
2 comments:
Your little bunny is PRECIOUS!!
What a fun trip and a good getaway for you two!
Let's go back! Sounds perfect right about now!!!! Rumbar anyone?!
Post a Comment