Tomorrow marks the first day of summer, and I'm hoping it starts to feel more like it with the weather. We've had a lot of rain and a nasty storm here last Thursday, which I swear most of the state had some sort of heavy rain, hail, tornado or crazy wind. But yesterday and today have been pretty nice, so hoping that continues!
A little weekend recap:
Friday night, Jeremy and I went with Christy and Bryan to Apple Valley for a Vietnamese dinner benefit for Humanitarian Services for Children of Vietnam. One of Christy's co-workers is part of this non-profit, so that's how we learned about it. On the way up, the guys were already planning where we'd stop on the way home to eat after, since they were a little skeptical of the food. I thought it was great (minus some of the tofu items)...really enjoyed the beef and broccoli with steamed rice and the seafood mix that even had squid in it. Oh, and let's not forget they sat us at the front table with the head doctor who performs the surgeries in Vietnam. Jeremy's exact words, "I think we're at the wrong table." All in all a great experience...learning about the org, trying some new foods, spending time with friends and stopping at DQ on the way home, ha.
Saturday Jeremy played in a softball tourney in Morristown. I watched in the afternoon and then we headed over to Rochester for Daulton and Gavin's joint birthday party. Daulton turned 3 on June 14 and Gavin will turn 1 on July 6. And it was also my father-in-law's birthday Saturday, so lots of celebrating to do. Had a great time with all the family - lots of little kids/babies to hold and play with!
And today we've just been doing some work around the house and are now relaxing. Jeremy's glued to the end of the U.S. Open, which I don't mind watching but also like to mult-task during. Happy Father's Day!
1 comment:
Miss you lovely!
Post a Comment