Tuesday, September 14, 2010

Baby Catch Up

I'm a little behind on my belly posts. I can say I've been growing like crazy and am having some mixed feelings about the changing shape. But I know it's all part of the process and have started to embrace it now. As Jeremy says, "Anne, there's a BABY inside of you. What did you think was going to happen?" And honestly, it's a really amazing thing when I think about all that happens to make this little life come to be. We're so blessed and I'm starting to enjoy this pregnancy body while it's here. I know, I know...I'll probably be singing a different tune in a month or two when I'm double in size and waddling across ice.

Here are the last few weeks...
23 Weeks


24 Weeks


25 Weeks


We had our monthly doctor appointment yesterday, and everything is on track. I've been having some burning pain on the top right part of my stomach, which turns out to be what I figured the doc would say...growth. Because my uterus is growing and pushing up higher at this point in the pregnancy, it's causing my diaphram to be squished/pushed out. Or something like that. And there's a nerve that's connected to it that causes the burning pain when it's being pushed on. It's pretty interesting when Larr-Dogg explains everything that's going on inside. Yea for an anatomy lesson each visit...and poor Jer, ha.

Baby weighs 1lb. 10oz. and is right at about the 50th percentile for most of its measurements. Jeremy was shocked, since he thinks we're having this huge ginormous baby. Enter his alpha male syndrome. Heart looked great on the ultrasound and heartrate was 153 bpm. And Baby W's mouth was moving like crazy in an eating motion. I can tell it's my child...preparing for eating already. According to Baby Center at week 25, he/she is the size of a rutabaga (lovely) and about 13 1/2 inches. Baby's beginning to exchange its long, lean look for some baby fat. Baby is also growing more hair — and if you could see it, you'd now be able to tell its color and texture.

Three more weeks and we enter the third and final trimester. December 26 still feels far away, but the thought of entering the last trimester puts it into perspective.

2 comments:

Rachel said...

You're so adorable honey! I can't wait to meet B-Dubbs. (That's what I decided to name your baby for now)- like BW...you know? Okay, kind of lame, sorry it's the best I can do.

Erin Wiegratz said...

You really do look cute in your little preggo body. I'm getting really excited to meet this little ghetto-fabulous life you're creating. "But I'm guessing it probably looks like a sea monkey (rutabaga) right now and we should let it get a little cuter." -Juno