Anyone remember the Sesame Street character Forgetful Jones? My parents used to call me this all the time when I was little. I used to think they did it just because it was fun to say and because I was an avid Sesame Street fan. Naive little me. Now I realize it's because I can truly be a space cadet.
Case in point. Last night I lit a candle in the kitchen and the living room after dinner. When Jeremy was putting Kenna away for the night, I thought to myself that I'd blow out the candles, put away dishes and head to bed. Well, I blew out the kitchen candle, put away dishes and went to bed. As Jeremy walked downstairs this morning to leave for work I hear him yell, "really, Anne?!" I forgot to blow out the living room candle. Terrible, I know.
Another case in point from today. I have two key fobs for my car. Because it's a push button start car, sometimes the batteries need to be replaced on the fobs. A good few months ago I went with my mom to Batteries Plus and had them both replaced. Since that day, I haven't been able to find my spare. And I swear I've searched everywhere. Now I'm coming up to the end of my lease and the inspection is tomorrow. I got a new vehicle last week, so we've just been letting my car sit a few weeks until we return it. Sunday, Jeremy and I were taking some stuff out of it and then locked it. Being that I have to drive this to the inspection tomorrow, I looked for my key fob in my purse this morning in preparation. Not there. And no back up because the spare is still MIA from a few months ago. I'm already mentally preparing for a key fob hunt tonight when I get home. Otherwise this sista isn't even going to be able to drive my car anywhere, let alone get it returned.
My hubby thinks I'm slightly nuts. I feel really scattered and frustrated. I'm hoping I can blame 80% of this forgetfulness on the baby (sorry child). Okay maybe only 50%...after all, my nickname was Forgetful Jones.
2 comments:
Ha ha...how about praying to St. Christopher to find the keys? That's what I was told to do when I lost something as a child. Usually didn't work, but it's worth a shot. Don't forget to come to the shower on Saturday Jonesie.
Maybe you can blame it on the fact that you fell a lot and rattled the memories-part of your brain loose? Just a thought...Can't wait to see you in TWO DAYS!!!
Post a Comment