Wednesday, November 17, 2010

So fly like a G6

Well, not really. I just have that song in my head right now, and this post is about vehicles. I actually get the "feeling so fly like a G6" tune in my head quite a bit being that I work at a dealership that once carried Pontiac, so we've always got a few G6s on the lot. My next marketing campaign...a rap homage to the G6.

Anyways, onto my actual vehicle situation. I've been leasing a Nissan Altima for the past 3 years and the lease is almost up. Not to mention, my miles are almost up, too. So I started looking for a vehicle earlier this fall with the guys at work, being that I'd probably do an early lease return to avoid overage on miles.

After plenty of debate on a lot of different new and preowned vehicles, we decided on a 2011 GMC Terrain. It's small SUV, so bigger than what I was used to with my Altima, which meant better for winter driving out in the country. It's AWD and has good space in it, too. These puppies have been tough for dealers to get because they've been selling as fast as dealerships are getting them in from the manufacturer. So I put my name on one of the preordered ones and it came in about 3 weeks ago. Really liked it, so it's a done deal. I must say that car shopping is not one of my favorite things, mostly because I really just don't care about vehicles all that much (and I work at a dealership, go figure). It's a big purchase so I get sweaty palms and all that good stuff when finalizing, and who really likes that? But, working at Snell has its perks...got a steal of a deal employee price, and they let me drive another car while I was waiting for the Terrain so I didn't have to put more miles on my Nissan.

Here's the new ride when it came in...feeling so fly like a Ter-rain. Yeah, doesn't really work.

And before I move on too quickly, I had to say goodbye to the Nissan this week. It got inspected and returned to the Nissan dealer, so no more Ali-T (side note, why do people name their cars? I know my roomies and I all had names for our vehicles...ladies, remember the Stratusphere?). I must say it was a really good vehicle and if I was getting a car, I'd probably go with this one again. Ali-T, you will be missed.

3 comments:

Erin Wiegratz said...

B96 plays that song no less than 24 times a day. I love the new ride! I like the rims...okay, so I have no idea what cool rims look like but they're much shinier than mine. A few nickname ideas for the Terrain: "Mr. T," "Making it TerRAIN", "Terrainian".

Ali-T will be missed. I hope you were able to vacuum up all the Cheerios snack mix we dropped between the seats.

Mel said...

Love the new ride Anne! I bet it will be great in the snow too.

Melissa said...

Jealous! I've wanted that vehicle since it came out :) Lovely!