It was long overdue. This past Saturday I went to Rachel's place in Bloomington where she, Erin and I had plenty of much needed girl talk, drank a healthy amount of wine and ate a wonderful dinner. I'm so lucky my friends are amazing cooks...Erin made an awesome stuffed red pepper dish that I'll have to share on here once I get the recipe. Then we decided to hit the town for a bit. My brother John picked us up and we went out with some of his friends in Uptown. We danced like it was our job until about midnight, then headed home. We don't quite have the "going out" stamina like we used to, but it was just as fun. If not more. These ladies are my best friends, and no matter what we're doing it's a riot.
I should also point out that this was my first night away from Ashlynn. I missed her like crazy, but my hubby handled it perfectly. He texted a few updates and pictures throughout the evening so I didn't have to wonder how it was going, etc. She was taking the bottle just fine, which was my biggest worry since we had been struggling a little with transitioning her to the bottle while I'm breastfeeding. I still called at one point, but he quickly told me how much fun they were having and that all was good. Then said to get off the phone and enjoy my girls night. And that I did.
My only pictures to capture the night were in the car ride to John's place. Not ideal, but it'll work...

3 comments:
Ah, what a fun night! Gotta love the "wine cheeks" I was sporting...hence the reason I don't remember taking that picture. Also, Rach must have demanded the front seat, ha ha.
haha - I don't think I would have done that. Pretty sure I came outside and you were both in the backseat because I was being putzy. I do remember taking over John's radio though...LOVE you girls!!!
What fun!!! Glad you guys had such a great time!
Post a Comment