After watching the movie Twister, I always wondered what it would be like to see a tornado in person. Now that I live in Southern Minnesota, I'm quickly realizing that my curiosity is becoming more of a close reality. In the past week and a half, we had three major storm systems hit the area - damaging hail, straight-line winds, tornado cells, funnel clouds and thunder and lightning so close/loud that the house shook. Jeremy and I are extremely blessed that our home and immediate area weren't hit with the heavy stuff. We're definitely thinking of those dealing with damage.
Here are just a few pictures I attempted to take during and post storm. They don't do the storms justice, but had to try with the point and shoot.
Keep in mind that the sky was completely dark...not because it was late night, but because the clouds were so blue/black. Those pictures are basically all black, but I caught this one when the lightning hit.

Post storm

And now a beautiful sky
1 comment:
Oh my gosh that looks freaky...were you scared? Glad all is ok!
Post a Comment