Well, we did it! Erin, baby and I ran the MDRA 10K in Mpls this morning. And considering neither of us did much prep for this race and weren't completely looking forward to it, we did pretty darn good if I must say so myself. Perfect weather at 8am today...sunny, crisp (but not too cool) and no wind. The course was almost completely flat and there was a good mix of runners. All around a good, fun race with a great friend.
Afterwards, Erin and I went to Butter (a delicious little cafe in uptown) where we rewarded ourselves with some breakfast, coffee and convo. And before I forget, the surprise of the day was my parents driving down to the race and cheering us on! Just before the start, I looked over and there was my mom looking into the crowd of runners for us. So surprised! My dad was on the other side ready to get pics of the start. So thoughtful of them to make the drive for a quick trip to watch us...even on my dad's birthday!
Now it's time for a relaxing rest of the evening...hope everyone enjoyed their Labor Day!
2 comments:
I had such a great time with you yesterday...despite feeling like death during and after that race! My body is aching today, Ski.
Way to go Anne and Erin! You're quite the trooper Anne!
Post a Comment