Love: the way I feel after a good sweat; the sense of accomplishment after completing a few miles; how amazing water tastes after a run; when you hit a "runner's high"; racking up miles on my shoes; alone time with my thoughts and the road; and obviously the health benefits.
Hate: drumming up the motivation to actually get out there; running in humidity; the awkwardness of carrying the belly/extra weight; slower times; and the feeling of having to pee every 20 minutes.
I'm pretty sure that being a little extra tired and a bit bigger these days isn't helping my motivation. But I know I need to keep on trucking with it while I'm still feeling good. Eventually I'll do more walking, but I know I'll miss running when I'm not able to right before and right after baby while my body's recovering. And looking at the loves and hates, the pros outweigh the cons.
This Labor Day Monday, my good friend Erin and I are running a 10K in Minneapolis. I needed something on the calendar to keep me motivated, so this is it! Though I must say I'm not really prepared for it in comparison to races past, I'm really looking forward to doing it and spending time with Erin. Should be a fun, long weekend!
And here's my current motivation...remembering back to the half marathon in the Big Woods state park last October. Such a tough, hilly course, but we did it! Ah yes, another "love" to add to the list. Running and accomplishing goals with friends.
2 comments:
Ah sweet! I was just telling Dave that I want to head back to the good old Big Woods State Park, but this time for a hike. You couldn't pay me to run that half again! Doesn't it seem like it was longer than a year ago though? Probably because I'm in such worse shape right now..ha.
You will have spurts of motivation here or there! I remember there were weeks that i just felt drained, all i could do was walk. and then all of the sudden like 29-33 wks, i was like gosh! i could run 3 miles easily again.. it comes and goes!
think of this time as a small little break.. you will be up and running again in no time!!
Post a Comment