Tuesday, November 23, 2010

Our Bellies

This time I'm not the only one sporting a growing stomach...

That's right, my hubby is a proud wearer of the "Empathy Belly."


Each guy in our childbirth class this weekend had to wear the belly for 30 minutes. It consisted of a big strap secured underneath that restricted their breathing, and then came the body belly suit. It weighed about 30 lbs., had some balls in it to imitate jabbing arms/legs and was even warmed up to feel the extra heat of another person. And of course, there was a lovely jean smock for over the top. Jeremy was fond of his new boobs...and gained even more appreciation for the extra weight his prego wife is carrying.

Though the class got a little long by Saturday afternoon, it was good. Felt more comfortable with everything by the time we left, especially from the viewpoint of what to expect specifically at ISJ. The two nurses were great and made it move as fast as 2 long sessions about childbirth and newborn care possibly could. And as a sidenote, my husband actually surprised me a bit. Not that I don't already know he'll be a great dad, but he had a little more hidden knowledge that I wasn't aware of. All of our scenario cards/problems he jumped on right away and answered; and before the nurse officially showed us how to swaddle wrap the babies, he had his done and she made him show the class (a proud moment for Jeremy). All in all, he was a supportive hubby and I know he'll be great in the delivery room, too.

And now onto the real belly at 35 weeks...

2 comments:

Erin Wiegratz said...

A "sympathy belly"... ha ha ha!! I'm getting so excited for the arrival of your babe. Love the Piggly Wiggly t-shirt this week too ;) Happy Thanksgiving Wolffs!

Rachel said...

I love Jer's poses...haha. You are both going to be such wonderful parents. Love you!