Tuesday, March 8, 2011

A Real Treat

Though it's cliche, it's true that "you don't realize what you've got til it's gone." I've had a few instances to remind me that this saying holds true. And with each experience, I've developed more appreciation for certain things in life. For example, when I fractured three vertebrae in the spring of 2007 and couldn't do any physical activity for over a month, I gained a much deeper appreciation and love for running. Especially outdoors in the spring. And actually, appreciative for the use of my back. Plain and simple. Or now that my older brother moved to St. Louis, I cherish every second our entire immediate family gets together. The moments are that much more precious.

You get the point. And this post isn't about to get sappy. It's about to get tasteful. After 9 months of having some restrictions in your diet due to a growing baby, you learn to appreciate favorite foods and drinks. Fresh sushi. A few cold beers on a summer afternoon. A great glass of merlot with a steak (done rare/medium rare, might I add). So I'm now appreciating - and enjoying - these items that were MIA for a few months.

My latest real treat...

Kim Crawford Sauvignon Blanc

If you haven't tried it, please do. After not having it for a few months, I'm reminded just how crisp and refreshing it is. I'm no wine connoisseur, but I know what I like. And this is a wine to appreciate.

Cheers to a good week!

1 comment:

Erin Wiegratz said...

You should bring some of this on Saturday...sounds good at 8:19 on a Wednesday, sad.