Tuesday, August 10, 2010

Ohhh we're half way there...

Ohoh...livin' on a prayer!

Okay, enough. But we really are half way through this pregnancy. There are some days that I want this last half to hurry up so we can meet little Baby W, and then there are other days I think to myself that we need to enjoy these last months of being "just us." Big changes ahead...all very exciting.

Here are a few stats on our growing little peanut:
* Little peanut isn't quite a peanut anymore...our baby is the size of a small cantaloupe (according to The Bump) and a banana (according to Baby Center). I know, huge difference between those two fruits, but the banana measurement is based on length so I'm thinking this is the more accurate one right now.
* Baby weighs about 10 1/2 ounces. It's also around 6 1/2 inches long from head to bottom and about 10 inches from head to heel. Based on the fact that Jeremy was a 10 lb. baby (Lord help me) and I was almost 8.5 lbs., I'm wondering if Baby W's stats are a little higher than this. Hmmmm, genetics.
* Baby gulps down several ounces of amniotic fluid every day, both for nutrition and to practice swallowing and digesting. Studies show that after birth, babies respond best to tastes they've already had via amniotic fluid. Considering I am a human garbage disposal by nature, good chances this baby will not be a fussy eater.

Here's our baby banana

And here's the banana carrier


Next Monday is our doc appt and ultra sound. Looking forward to it!

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

ski i miss you and wish i could see you and your bump :(

Randi said...

your bump is soo cute. YOu look so great Anne!

Erin Wiegratz said...

"Studies show that after birth, babies respond best to tastes they've already had via amniotic fluid." Interesting...your babe will love gourds, ha ha.

Rachel said...

You should name your baby Bon. As in Bon Jovi. That's all...

Mel said...

I love that song! ;) You are so close and before you know it Baby W will be here. You look great Anne!

Heather said...

haha I loved this post!!!! cute picture.....you look awesome:)