Thursday, December 30, 2010

Baby W Update

Well, I'm officially 40 weeks and 4 days today. Still staying patient, but definitely ready to meet our little Baby Wolff (or Wiggles, as Jeremy and I have now called him/her for the past month with all the weird, big movements my stomach has been making)!

I had a doc appt on Tuesday to get an update on things...
- Got hooked up to monitors and did a stress test on the baby. All was looking good, active and healthy. Heartrate stuck around 130-ish bpm, and there was good variation and movement.
- Had an exam and I'm dilated to a 1, cervix is thinning well and both nurse and doc commented on how extremely low the baby's head was. All good things.
- Finally did an ultrasound and that was good, too. Still plenty of fluid around the baby and it's not getting out of control big, either. Again, all good.
- Doc asked me what I was thinking/how I was feeling. Yes, it's getting more uncomfortable each day, but nothing terrible by any means. And I really want to avoid being induced if possible, but if it's what's best for me and for baby at a certain point in time, that's just fine.
- His recommendation was to not induce yet since both little wiggles and I are healthy and doing well. Said that inducing now could increase the chance that my labor could take longer than it needs to and could increase the chance of resulting in a C-section if my body wasn't ready on its own. Since the fluid levels are good, placenta is still good and I'm still good, we wait.

Other than the fact that our hospital bag is getting a little dusty, and that my hubby is getting more anxious than I am, we're doing great. Jeremy asked me the other night, "why are you hogging all the time with the baby right now?" Trust me hunny, I'm ready to have the baby out just as much as you are. But he's a happy guy knowing his wife and baby are healthy, so he's been pretty good about waiting, too. This is a good test of our patience!

So tomorrow I go in for another appt with the same tests/exams and see where we're at. We won't go much past 41 weeks regardless (again, depending on how everything is, maybe sooner), so hopefully by this weekend/early next week for sure. Taking it one day at a time until the day comes to meet our baby!

4 comments:

Mel said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Mel said...

Way to go on being so patient! -Baby W will come when he or she is ready. I'm so excited for you guys Anne, best wishes!

SHarstad said...

I feel like I was just in your shoes but its been 6 months! You are so close! Except, I went on vacation instead of going back to work. :)

Rachel said...

You're killing me smalls...haha just kidding. I just can't wait for that baby to come out :) Glad to hear you are all doing well. Thanks for posting as I feel guilty bugging you to find out the details!!