Monday, December 6, 2010

Oh Christmas Tree

Last week we got our Christmas tree and put up decorations. I really wanted to go to a tree farm and cut one down ourselves because it reminds me of the U.P. days when we'd walk out in the woods and literally just get out the saw. But with busy evenings and weekends, it was easier to go to Lowe's lumber yard and get one. Not as charming of a process, but I really love our tree this year. It's a Frasier Fir and so green/full. Much better than our first Christmas tree last year...very Charlie Brownish.

We put it in our dining room corner because there's so much more space in there versus our living room.


And here are our stockings on the mantle. Please note that this mantle is a PERMANENT fixture in the house. I swear it's cemented in, not to mention has about 10 coats of different paint on it. So I've decided to leave it as is with the paint chips and all. My "vintage" look, ha.


Top it all off with some other little decorations throughout the house, a mix of my favorite Christmas CDs (thanks, Rach, for mailing the new Glee Christmas CD!) and fresh snow, and the Wolff household is Christmas-ified. Now to get to our holiday shopping...

No comments: