I wish I would've taken more pictures of "the process" to show you just everything they did. But I have to say just how proud I am of my hubby. This project showed his determination (to get this baby done before our actual baby arrives) and his skills (he literally did everything on this house). They really didn't outsource anything, other than a friend who custom made cabinets for the "kitchen area" and hooked up the heater pieces, and just his brother there helping out on to-dos.
Me: "So where's the floor plan/layout for this thing?"
Jeremy: "In my head."
Me: "Um, okay."
Me: "Are you fully wiring all this stuff on your own?" (stuff referring to all the ceiling lights, floor lights, trailer lights, CD player/speakers, etc.)
Jeremy: "Yeah, why?" (as he's cutting/joining a plethora of wires)
Me: "So, like, you could be an electrician if you wanted?"
Jeremy: "Yeah, I guess so. Do you want me to be?"
He wasn't lying when he said I married a jack of all trades.
Here are a few photos from Friday night and one from Saturday...close to complete (Saturday they laid carpet, installed the cabinets/countertop/stove and finished some final touches).
The outside of it as Jer worked on it in his parents' shed during all this snow/cold


The other side

Measuring out the framework for the cupboards and countertop

Looking in

Looking back where the top bunk folds up, and the bottom bunk/bench is currently holding our Friday night dinner. Romantic, I know.

Working on the front area where the kitchen stuff goes

Kitchen area done, carpet in (from Saturday)

I need to go get a few more final shots, but this will do for now. Not sure how much ice time it'll see this winter with our baby on the way, but it's done and ready for a few trips up North. Lots of memories to be had!
1 comment:
Wow, that's nicer than my apartment. Good job JJ!
Post a Comment