If at first you don't succeed, try again. That's the motto I'm sticking with on spinning. I've done a few spin classes with my roommates when I worked out at Lifetime a few years back, but wasn't a huge fan. It was unfamiliar to me and something about a sore butt just didn't sit well with me...literally. I haven't done much cycling since (Jeremy and I have a "bike fund" aka a change jar that someday, yes someday, we're going to buy bikes with), so when a few friends at the Y mentioned there was a mini session of classes, I figured I'd give it another shot since I know it's a good, tough workout.
We had our first class out of this 2-week session Monday night, and it went pretty well. Considering 37 weeks prego isn't the best time to be leaning over handle bars and sitting on an uncomfortable seat, the class went fast. Still getting used to finding the right tensions to go with when they describe what number/zone you should be in, and still working on my form. But the instructor was good. She kept mentioning to the class "keep your knees straight" and I'm almost certain she was directing it right at me. Sorry lady, pretty sure my hips have parted like the Red Sea in preparation for child birth, and my knees aren't far behind. We'll work on form after the baby. Otherwise, just suffering from a sore bum and well-worked legs. Another session tonight!
I definitely enjoy running a lot more and probably always will. Not sure that I'll ever become an avid cycler, but it's a good, different workout to change it up. Bring on the padded shorts!
On the workout front, I'm still managing some good activity at the Y to keep me and my large self moving while I've still got some energy. I managed a 1.5 mile run last week (due to the feeling that I didn't have to pee for once), but for the most part am just walking on the treadmill or doing the elliptical or stair stepper. Did my usual cardio step/toning class last night, and realized that may taper off now towards the end. My hips felt like loose rubber and my legs got tired much faster than normal. I think this baby is lowering a little, so making my lower portions feel like mush. But hoping activity of any kind will keep me feeling good and strong (well, as "strong" as possible at this point).
Whew, a long, boring post on pregnancy working out, but need to get my activities and thoughts down somewhere. So there you have it...a sore butt, rubber-like hips and a lowering belly. Sexy, right?
2 comments:
Anne- you are an awesome PG mama and I am amazed at how hard you have worked out throughout your entire pregnancy! Major kudos to you!!! Not sure how you continue to do it but I am amazed every week! WAY TO GO ANNE:)
way to go Anne! Working out to the end I truely believe helps you get back into shape faster! :o)
Post a Comment