Thursday, December 2, 2010

December

Really? Where does the time go? Now I know I'm officially getting older when I'm able to comment on how time flies. But man, it really does.

We're into December, which means we've already feasted once at Thanksgiving (amen) and will again in less than a month at Christmas. It means colder weather is upon us (Southern MN wind is the worst in the nation, bold statement but I'm going with it), but it also means that more snow is on its way. Coming from the U.P., I really do enjoy mass amounts of snow and most everything it brings. December also means holiday vacations and family time. It means Advent season and the birth of Jesus. It means we get our Christmas tree and decorations up (all done at the Wolff household!), and enjoy the smell of evergreens and apple cider. And who could forget Christmas music? Oh, and those little calendars that you get to open up on each day until Christmas. My brothers and I used to fight over who got the honors each day. Pretty sure Mom had to regulate so we took turns. December also means our due date for Baby Wolff. Whether he/she comes early or late, it could very well be in this month. Yea for December!

Some recent highlights:
- Thanksgiving was wonderful...spent a good few days up in Sauk Rapids at my parents' place and hosted my mom's side of the family on Thanksgiving Day. Relaxing for Jeremy and me both, and much needed.
- My aunts and cousins' wives had a baby shower for me in the afternoon on Thanksgiving. Worked well because we were all together. Jeremy and I are yet again reminded how blessed we are to have such wonderful family and friends supporting us and this new babe. My aunts are both extremely talented quilters and made a big quilt for the nursery. Love it!

Love diaper cakes. But this was the first time I had seen a diaper tricycle. From my aunts!


- John, Jeremy, my Dad and I went to the gym one of the days, and I played basketball for a bit. Please note that I'm terrible at bball. Yes, I may be tall, but that's it for this sport. Basketball with my brothers or Jeremy consists of "you can't steal the ball when I have it, or block my shot." Yeah, I'm that good.
- We saw the latest movie in the Harry Potter series - the Deathly Hallows. Jeremy and I are huge Harry fans, so we were itching to see this. Good flick, as always.
- Jeremy has been deer hunting quite a bit since muzzleloader opener this past weekend. Their group has got a few, but he's still waiting to get his "big one." Did I mention we have a family of about 7 deer that frolic in our food plot next to the driveway? No biggies, but they're like our next pets behind Kenna, of course.
- 36 week doc appt this past Tuesday. Everything is looking great. Baby is 6 lbs. 14 oz., head is positioned down and it moves like crazy almost all day/night. Heartrate was 153 bpm. Still all on track! Before our appt, we did our pre-admission and hospital tour. The pre-paperwork is done and we know where to go/what to expect. We've been very impressed with the ISJ team so far...Doctor Larson, the nurses and the admission director have been wonderful. This all sounds almost too good to be true. Now we just wait on baby!

2 comments:

Erin Wiegratz said...

2 things you learned how to grow in 2010: Gords and babies. Looking forward to Wolff cubs arrival :)

Mel said...

I can't believe you're 36 weeks already!! So exciting!!!

Happy Holidays Anne and Jeremy!!!